April 17 2014 Latest news:
Friday, January 18, 2013
A number of schools across Redbridge are closing early today as snow piles up on the roads and pavements.
Snow began to fall in parts of the borough at around 9am.
With the white stuff settling, some schools have decided to finish early for the day.
Schools closing at 1pm are:
• Coppice Primary, Manford Way Hainault
• The Ursuline Academy, Morland Road, Ilford (except for Year 13s taking exams)
• Hatton School, Roding Lane South, Woodford Green
• Trinity Catholic High, Mornington Road, Woodford Green
Schools closing at 1.15pm are:
• Woodbridge High, St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green (open for sixth formers)
• Clore Tikva, Fullwell Avenue, Barkingside
• Seven Kings High, Ley Street, Ilford
Schools closing at 1.30pm are:
• Grove Primary, Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath
• Winston Way Primary, Winston Way, Ilford
• Gordon Infants, Golfe Road, Ilford
• Nightingale Primary, Ashbourne Avenue, South Woodford
• Oakdale Junior School, Oakdale Road, South Woodford
Schools closing at 2pm are:
• Newbridge School Barley Lane campus, Goodmayes
• Roding Primary School, Roding Lane North, Woodford Bridge
Schools closing at 2.30pm are:
• Cranbrook Primary, The Drive, Ilford
• Chadwell Primary, High Road, Chadwell Heath
Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre, in Fairlop Waters, Forest Road, Barkingside, will be closed over the weekend because of the bad weather.
And Redbridge Council has closed the vehicle gates to all its parks, though pedestrian gates remain open.
Check back here throughout the day for further updates on how the snow is affecting the borough.
To send us your pictures of the snow, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet as @IlfordRecorder, or post them to london.iwitness24.co.uk.