August 27 2014 Latest news:
Lizzie Dearden, Senior reporter
Monday, February 3, 2014
A home in Seven Kings was shut off this afternoon after a suspected carbon monoxide leak.
Fire engines, ambulances and police were at the house in Clandon Road from about 2.15pm.
The cordon has now been removed.
The London Ambulance Service sent a hazardous area response unit and ambulance to the scene.
Large amounts of carbon monoxide are toxic but as the gas is colourless, odourless and tasteless it can be difficult to detect.
Symptoms of poisoning include headaches, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and it can cause death.