Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 20°C

min temp: 17°C

Five-day forecast

Seven Kings home shut off after suspected carbon monoxide leak

Monday, February 3, 2014
3:05 PM

A home in Seven Kings was shut off this afternoon after a suspected carbon monoxide leak.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Fire engines, ambulances and police were at the house in Clandon Road from about 2.15pm.

The cordon has now been removed.

The London Ambulance Service sent a hazardous area response unit and ambulance to the scene.

Large amounts of carbon monoxide are toxic but as the gas is colourless, odourless and tasteless it can be difficult to detect.

Symptoms of poisoning include headaches, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and it can cause death.

More soon...

Share this article


   Local advertisers

More news articles

Click here to read the Digital Edition of the Ilford Recorder on screen
Use our Wedding site to help you plan your big day!
At WeddingSite we know how much you have to organise for your wedding day, that's why we have designed a set of FREE, simple-to-use tools to make the planning process easy & hassle-free. FIND OUT MORE
Find a date using our online dating and friend finder
You can meet new friends, find romance or simply meet up online with people sharing similar interests and hobbies. FIND OUT MORE
Find a local business using our online directory search
Need a plumber? Or a florist? Or anything else? Search our business directory to find Ilford businesses in just a few seconds. FIND OUT MORE
Family notices from the Ilford Recorder, with readers' tributes
In memoriam, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, best wishes & special days. FIND OUT MORE

Celebrity / Showbiz See all

Drake has cancelled his Wireless London performance (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images for ESPN)

Fans devastated after Drake cancels Wireless London festival

Rapper Drake has pulled out of his headline appearances at this weekend’s Wireless Festival in London, leaving fans devastated.

Read full story »