December 12 2013 Latest news:
Lizzie Dearden, Reporter
Monday, November 4, 2013
A “smoking fuse board” caused Gants Hill Tube station to be closed following a fire alert this morning.
Firefighters from Ilford and Hainault were called to the station, in Eastern Avenue, shortly after 10.15am and left the scene at around 11.45am.
Trains are now stopping at the station again after it reopened at around 2.40pm.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “It was a fuse in a fuse board that overheated and caused smoke and set off alarms.”
A Transport for London spokesman said staff worked hard to open the station as soon as it was possible.
Firefighters walked out on strike over a pension dispute between 6-8am this morning but the London Fire Brigade is now operating normally.