August 28 2014 Latest news:
Molly Kersey, Reporter
Monday, March 24, 2014
A man rescued from a flat fire in Barkingside died in hospital on Friday.
Four engines from Ilford, Hainault and Woodford stations attended the blaze in Princes Road on Monday with 21 firefighters after being called to the scene at about 8.40am.
The man was found by the front door and taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel by air ambulance, where he was being treated for smoke inhalation and severe burns.
The cause of the fire was accidental and is believed to have been started by an electrical fault, the London Fire Brigade said.
Anyone who would like to leave a tribute please call 02084773858 or email email@example.com