Top 10 things to do during half term in Redbridge
14:10 15 February 2013
Looking for something a bit different to do this half-term? Why not try one of these fun activities taking place around the borough.
Whether it’s African dance, becoming a detective for the day or spending some time in the great outdoors, there’s something for everyone.
- Wooden spoon puppet- making, 10-11am, Hainault Library, Manford Way, Hainault. Five-12-year-olds. Cost: £1.50. 020 8708 9206.
- Animal themed day with crafts, games and nature trail, 11.30am-2pm, Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford. All ages. £2.50 per child. Booking unnecessary
- Learn the Japanese art of origami, 10.30am to 11.30am, South Woodford Library, High Road, South Woodford. Five-12-year-olds. £1.50. 020 8708 9067.
- Young detective fun day, 11.30am-2.30pm, Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford. Five-eight-year-olds. £1.50. First come first served.
- Story time and face painting, 10.30-11.30am, Gants Hill Library, Cranbrook Road, Ilford. Four-12-year-olds. £1.50. More information: 020 8708 9274.
- Meet exotic animals, 11am-noon, James Leal Centre, Ray Park, Snakes Lane East, Woodford Green. Fives and over. £3 per child. Booking essential on 020 8559 2316.
- Fridge magnet making, 10-11am, Goodmayes Library, Goodmayes Lane, Goodmayes. Five-eight-year-olds. £1.50. More information on 020 8708 7750.
- Junior film club, 2.30-4.30pm, Gants Hill Library, Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill. Four-12-year-olds. Free. More information on 020 8708 9274.
- African storytelling, crafts and dance, 2-5pm, Wanstead Library, Spratt Hall Road, Wanstead. Five-16-year-olds. Free. More information on 020 8708 7400.
- Nature themed arts and crafts, 11am-12.30pm, South Park, South Park Drive, Ilford. Fives and over. £3. Bookings 020 8559 2316.