Search

Man sustains head injuries after allegedly being “stabbed in the head” during an altercation with a bus driver at an Ilford bus stop

15:58 19 June 2014

Met Police are investigating the incident

Met Police are investigating the incident

Archant

Met Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward following the incident on Hainault Street on Tuesday at around 7pm.

Speaking to the Recorder, one eyewitness to the assault claimed a pedestrian had been “stabbed in the head with a pen” during the incident.

A spokeswoman for the force said: “We are investigating an allegation of assault, which is on the back of an incident which happened on Hainault Street on June 17.

“At this very early stage it is believed that a bus driver, who was at a bus stand, was involved in an altercation with a pedestrian.”

A man in his 20s was taken to King George Hospital, Ilford, where he was treated for a head injury.

The spokeswoman said inquiries were continuing, with no arrests having been made.

Anyone with information about the incident can contact the Met Police incident room on 0208 345 2751.

Did you see the incident? Contact the Recorder on 0208 477 3858.

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 09:00
Madhia Liaquat, 13, has raised money for Great Ormond Street hostpital by baking, 5k runs, and gets support from local businesses. She is also an ambassador for autism and goes out and about in the local community to raise awareness (photo: Arnaud Stephenson)

A kind-hearted girl who has always tried to help those less fortunate has been nominated for the Recorder/Redbridge Rotary Young Citizen Award.

Fri, 18:06

The A406 between Ilford and Redbridge Roundabout is gridlocked following an earlier accident.

Fri, 16:14

A 56-year-old man who exposed himself in a churchyard has been sentenced to 12 weeks in prison.

Fri, 16:09
Planned engineering work could affect your journey this weekend.

There is a relatively minor programme of planned closures on the Tube and Overground network this weekend - but they could still affect your journey. Read on for the lowdown.

Most read news

Protesters have been warned they are banned from setting up camp at the landmark.

John Cantlie features in the new IS video, in which he talks about a recent failed military attack.

From Britain First’s Facebook posts, you would assume they’d won the Rochester by-election. They didn’t, but they’re claiming it anyway.

At 100 years old, this was Ruby Holt’s first visit to the beach – and the first time she saw the ocean.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ilford Recorder e-edition today E-edition