Search

Man accused of sex ring crimes searched rape porn online, court hears

10:16 27 June 2013

Snaresbrook Crown Court

Snaresbrook Crown Court

Archant

A man accused of rape and prostitution offences used a popular search engine to look up graphic sexual images, a court heard.

Naeem Ahmed searched the word “rape” and “Asian prostitute” as well as watching a porn video depicting rape, prosecutors claimed.

Standing in Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday, the 25-year-old of Westminster Gardens, Barking, denied searching some of the terms but added: “I researched just to see what it was really all about.

“Every guy looks at porn.”

Ahmed, known as Ricky, went on to deny that he raped the teenager, claiming “No-one stopped her leaving the house.

“She had her phone on her and could easily have picked up the phone and dialled 999.

“She should have given it an attempt. If she feels she is being raped she could have given it an attempt and thought to myself ‘I’m being raped by these people’.

“There was no screaming and no shouting, nothing like that. If she doesn’t want to have sex she needs to indicate to someone that she doesn’t want to.”

Prosecutor Kate Bex claimed the victim had seen weapons, including a baseball bat and a hammer, in the room and was afraid of what might happen to her if she failed to escape.

“The victim made it crystal clear that she wasn’t consenting because she was sobbing,” she said. A claim denied by Ahmed, who said: “That’s not true. She wasn’t crying. This is all lies.”

It also emerged in court that Naeem had been earning a living by sub-letting rooms, including one with bunk beds in a hostel-style set up, at three properties across Barking and Dagenham.

Naeem Ahmed is accused, alongside four other men, of being part of a sex ring that engaged in child prostitution and rape.

He denies five counts of rape, controlling child prostitution, paying for the sexual services of a child, inciting child prostitution and causing prostitution for a gain.

Also accused is Nabeel Ahmed, 24, of Chadwell Heath Lane, who denies three counts of rape and his brother Jameel, 25, who denies two.

Anas Iqbal, 25, of Newham Way, East Ham, denies six counts of rape and paying for the sexual services of a child. Hassan Raza, 23, of Westminster Gardens, denies sexual assault.

The trial continues.

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 18:53
Candice Steen, a volunteer at the night shelter last year, serving food to Carine Vunabandi. [Picture: Anja King/The Savour Tribe]

Homeless people will not be left out in the cold this winter, thanks to the return of a charity initiative.

Yesterday, 15:01
Cllr's Paul Merry and Sheila Bain show concerns over City airports proposed flight plans

Opponents campaigning against plans to concentrate flights over parts of Redbridge will be urging the council to join calls to halt the proposals at a meeting tonight.

Yesterday, 14:32
Imran Mohiuddin with Mohammed Asif, chairman of FORMO, and their collections from the winter campaign in 2013

A Muslim organisation is calling for all members of the public to donate food and money to its homeless shelter campaign.

Yesterday, 13:00
The Broadway, in Woodford Green

A Woodford Green man has been charged in connection with an assault on two traffic wardens.

Most read news

The Labour MP has resigned after posting a photo of a house draped with three Cross of St George flags on the day of the Rochester and Strood by-election.

The club said the reaction following their decision to allow Evans to train had been at an intensity they did not anticipate.

The celebrity chef is embroiled in a bitter dispute over the contract for the lease of one of his restaurants.

The Labour MP has apologised after posting a photo of a house draped with three red-and-white Cross of St George flags on the day of the Rochester and Strood by-election.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ilford Recorder e-edition today E-edition