August 1 2014 Latest news:
Thursday, January 9, 2014
A massive police investigation into Barkingside Magistrates’ Court has resulted in 21 people being charged for perverting the course of justice.
Two further people have been charged with misconduct in public office and a third jailed.
Operation Teemin was conducted by Redbridge Police to investigate conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office, bribery and perverting the course of justice.
All 23 have been released on bail and will appear at Westminster Magistrates Court on Monday.
The investigation was launched after an allegation of corruption was made by a reporter at a national newspaper in August 2011. A total of 46 people were arrested by officers in connection with the inquiry and 15 have been since cleared.
The investigation saw Munir Patel, 24 of Green Lane, Dagenham imprisoned for six years for misconduct in public office, perverting the course of justice and bribery.
He pleaded guilty and was sentenced at Southwark Magistrates Court in November 2011.
The two people charged with misconduct in a public office are:
● Shinthuga Ratnaselvam, 26 , unemployed, of Westernville Gardens, Goodmayes
● Karandeep Sanghera, 24, trainee barrister, of Eric Road, Chadwell Heath
The 20 people all charged with perverting the course of justice are:
● Mukhtar Patel, 26, a letting agent, of East Avenue, East Ham
● Haroon Hussain, 28, self employed, of Elizabeth Road, Upton Park
● Sabrina Georgiades, 33, occupation not known, of Becontree Avenue, Dagenham
● Raja Humza Khan, 22, occupation not known, of Kitchener Road, Forest Gate
● Zaen Ali, 25, occupation not known, of Halley Road, Forest Gate
● Zain Akthar, 20, a vehicle service worker, of The Drive, Ilford
● Kashif Hussain, 28, occupation not known, of Rutland Road, Ilford
● Vasim Makan, 23, occupation not known of East Road, West Ham
● Mohammed Ali Hussain, 25, occupation not known, of Portia Way, Bow
● Suhail Patel, 25, occupation not known, of Plashet Grove, East Ham
● Bilal Mahmood, 22, occupation not known, of Trevelyan Road, West Ham
● Amna Lone, 23, occupation not known, of Benton Road, Ilford
● Naeem Hasan, 23, occupation not known, of Chilton Street, Bethnal Green
● Zhaker Darvesh, 23, occupation not known, of Eversleigh Road, East Ham
● Mubarak Patel, 25, occupation not known, of Colgrave Road, Leyton
● Umaer Zaffer, 27, of Northbrook Road, Ilford
● Koysor Ahmed, 20, a student/retail cashier, of Poplar Street, Romford
● Naim Mahmud, 21, self employed, of The Shaftesburys, Barking
● Faisal Hussain, 26, an electrical engineer, of Gyllyngdune Gardens, Goodmayes
● Hasham Syed, 25, unemployed, of Levett Gardens Goodmayes
● Wayne Campbell, 30, unemployed, of Babik Court, Shacklewell Lane, Dalston
A woman has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after she was hit by a train near Seven Kings Station today.