August 22 2014 Latest news:
Lizzie Dearden, Senior reporter
Thursday, April 10, 2014
A cat had to be rescued from an air vent at Nando’s in Ilford today.
Firefighters suspect it had followed its nose to the smell of cooking chicken and become trapped.
They were called to use their ladders to free the frightened pet from the vent near the restaurant’s car park in Clements Road.
Casey Moroney was with the crew from Ilford Fire Station.
He said: “It was quite distressed but it quickly relaxed after we got it down.
“Cats get into all sorts of places.”
The RSPCA were on hand to take the cat and scan its microchip to trace its owner.